This is is it! The day you have been waiting for, the call for makers for the second annual Buffalo Mini Maker Faire is now open. Save the date; Saturday June 6th, 2015 from 10am – 4pm the fastest 6 hours you will spend talking about your project.
Once again the Buffalo Museum of Science will be hosting the Faire. Last year we had over 50 Makers and 2,300 visitors and this year we are expecting 80 Makers and over 3,000 visitors. Please help us spread the word.
Apply now; MAKER APPLICATION
Maker Faire events celebrate creativity, invention, and the do it yourself (DIY) spirit. In the most general terms a maker is “a person that makes or produces something.” Buffalo Mini Maker Faire is looking to showcase a diverse mix of makers ranging from tech enthusiasts, crafters, amateur scientists and garage tinkers, to students and kids who build and design “cool stuff.”
Are you a Maker, or do you know a Maker?
Makers may include, but are not limited to:
- Hobby Clubs – RC/Robot/Lego/Drones
- 3D Printing, CNC/Routers, Laser engraving
- Woodworkers, Weavers, Textiles
- Knitters, Crocheters, yarn bombers
- Brewers, Bakers, Candle stick makers
- Artists & Sculptors (plus electronic media)
- Musical Instruments, Performers, presenters
- Alternative energy, Bicycling, Solar power
- Fashion Design, Costume, Steam Punk
- Hackers, programmers, app designers
- Arduino, Raspberry Pi, Makey Makey
- anything else that you design and/or create!
IF you have something unique and special, or just want to find out more, please contact Douglas Borzynski at the Buffalo Museum of Science, (716) 896-5200 ext. 341 or email email@example.com